Zinio, LLC Launches New Browser-Based Reader and Next Generation of Award-Winning Reader
Leading Technology Furthers Company's Innovative Digital Delivery Strategy for Magazines, Offers Unrivaled Solution for Publishers
San Francisco, CA (November 16, 2004) - Zinio, LLC, worldwide leader in digital magazine production, distribution and circulation today announced the launch of two new products: Zinio Express, a browser-based magazine viewer and Zinio Reader 3, a new version of its award-winning Reader software.
Zinio Express will go into production and Zinio Reader 3 will go into beta during the week of December 6. The breakthrough combination of product capabilities establishes a new standard in digital publishing.
"The combination of Zinio Express and Zinio Reader 3.0 represents the most comprehensive delivery solution in digital publishing today," said Scott Kauffman, president and CEO of Zinio, LLC
Zinio's new products offer the only complete solution for magazine publishers and their readers, including:
Zinio Express: An easy-to-use, browser-based viewer giving readers immediate access to magazine content, optimized for sampling and promotional efforts.
- Zinio Reader 3: A dramatically smaller download with faster reading performance, smaller magazine files, a sleek, new interface design from IDEO and innovative My Magazine archive management.
- Integrated search: Allows readers to search the text of individual magazines, or the entire Zinio archive.
"Zinio Express and Zinio Reader 3 reflect the company's commitment to delivering a quality digital reading experience for customers in the growing, evolving digital magazine publishing space," said Kenneth Eng, Director, New Product Marketing, BusinessWeek.
Readers are adopting digital magazines in record numbers. According to the latest Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) and BPA Worldwide publisher statements, audited circulation of digital magazines has jumped 56% in just six months (December 2003-June 2004). In this fast-growing space, Zinio accounts for 61% of all audited digital magazine circulation, delivering 12 of the top 17 publications.
Zinio's new technologies provide unique benefits for publishers, readers and advertisers, including:
- For publishers: cost savings and the ability to reach a younger, tech-savvy audience. Digital editions of magazines are also no longer limited by geography for sampling or subscriptions.
- For readers: immediate delivery of magazines and the ability to archive, easily annotate and search, read offline or online and interact with rich content in unique ways.
- For advertisers: the ability to engage upscale audiences in innovative ways.
Since March 2002, Zinio has delivered more than 26 million digital magazines to more than 1.6 million customers in 232 countries. The company's stable of more than 200 popular titles from 61 major publishers includes many leading consumer and business magazines, such as Business Week, Business 2.0, Car and Driver and US News and World Report. Zinio's publishing customers include Hachette Filapacchi, Hearst, IDG, McGraw-Hill, Primedia, Reed Business Information, Technology Review Inc., Time Inc, U.S. News, VNU and Ziff Davis.